Learn More About Us

My photo
God has impressed on our hearts to share what we learn from His Word as we face the issues of everyday life. We hope that the points of view of a teenager and a 50-something mom will be valuable to you. Our study will not follow a rigid schedule so that you can pop in and out and still discover a little more joy, faith, love, and peace. We don't claim to be experts. We will all be learning together. We are so excited to start this journey, and we hope you'll join us!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 -- Rebekah's Favorite

Rebekah here! I just wanted to post real quick and share my favorite Bible verses with y'all.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
~2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NIV

I first happened upon this verse when one of my really close friends was sharing some passages with me. One of her suggestions was 2 Corinthians 12.  And these two verses jumped off the page at me. You see, I have a bit of a control issue. I like things to be neat and orderly. So I feel like my weaknesses are something to be ashamed of, something to be hidden from people. In my mind, if people see my weaknesses, they will immediately judge me and write me off as not good enough. One of my weaknesses is keeping my temper in check. Not many people know I even have a temper. But little things will get to me, and my patience will snap. Of course, that may not show on the outside, but inside, I'm fuming. But this verse helped me realize that if I'm weak in and for Christ, He becomes stronger. And not only does He become stronger, He makes me stronger. If I let go of the pride of letting my weaknesses show, God is glorified through that. 

I am Rebekah, and I am a weak person.

If you have any prayer requests, feel free to comment below, email us, or post on our Facebook wall! Thank you for reading today!

1 comment:

  1. I love that verse! No matter what happens God is always there to strengthen and empower us in his superabundance of unfathomable grace, love and mercy. <3
    And I know exactly what you mean about “snapping patience”, heh. thankfully God is there to remind us that we have perfect peace in Him always.
    Amazing post, Beka!
    *hugs*
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete