Learn More About Us

My photo
God has impressed on our hearts to share what we learn from His Word as we face the issues of everyday life. We hope that the points of view of a teenager and a 50-something mom will be valuable to you. Our study will not follow a rigid schedule so that you can pop in and out and still discover a little more joy, faith, love, and peace. We don't claim to be experts. We will all be learning together. We are so excited to start this journey, and we hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Beginnings

New beginnings are taking place in the month of August! For students, we're starting up a new school year, parents are parting with their children after three months of them being cooped up in the house, and for the rest of us, it's merely passing from summer into fall. 


But I want to let you know that God has plans for you for the rest of this year. Big ones. You may not realize that events are taking place, but everything you do and say has an effect on your future. Think about that. Every action you take plays into how things will be in the future. Blows your mind, doesn't it? As you fall into a schedule for this season, let God into your life. Things may become uncomfortable or trials may come up, but remember --


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13, NKJV


Open yourself up to God's will. When you give up your desires and let God take the wheel, He will use you to do amazing things. I promise.


This year, I'm going from attending a private school to homeschooling. The transition has been a tremendous change from my old day-to-day schedule. Even though I will miss that old way of life, I am absolutely certain that I am right where God wants me. Everything around me has been changing in a beautiful way, and I can't wait to see what is in store for the next couple of months!


Don't forget, show kindness to someone today!


~Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment