Learn More About Us

My photo
God has impressed on our hearts to share what we learn from His Word as we face the issues of everyday life. We hope that the points of view of a teenager and a 50-something mom will be valuable to you. Our study will not follow a rigid schedule so that you can pop in and out and still discover a little more joy, faith, love, and peace. We don't claim to be experts. We will all be learning together. We are so excited to start this journey, and we hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

" . . . and the greatest of these is love."

"But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love."
~1 Corinthians 13:13, The Message 

God said it himself.  The greatest of these is love.  That phrase is familiar to a lot of us,  and I love the way it is stated in The Message.  This blog will be a safe and loving environment for all of us.  God has commanded us to love one another.    We will strive to follow that commandment.   You will not be judged or criticized here.  To experience God's love, we must know God.  The way we know God is through Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the basic ingredient that is not interchangeable. So it's all about love and it's all about Jesus.  If you don't know Jesus, please read our box entitled "The Way to God".   
"Love extravagantly -- it's the best!"  Vicki's paraphrase :)
This blog was on our "Summer Project" list, and I am so excited that it's finally happening! We are not going to be so structured that you will need to "keep up".  The next few weeks, we will simply be sharing a few of our favorite Bible verses and why they mean so much to us.  I (Vicki aka Momma) will be writing some paragraphs and Rebekah will be writing some paragraphs.  We will try to remember to sign our posts.  I think it will be interesting to see things through the eyes of two generations.  I am a big believer in the power of prayer, and while that topic alone could keep us posting for months, I just want you to know that we would love to pray with you and for you about whatever issues you are facing.  You can post prayer requests on the page or you may send them to the email, and if you request privacy, your matters will be kept confidential. 
      ~Vicki


My mom and I (Rebekah) thought long and hard about the name of our blog. We finally landed on "Sufficient Love" after much contemplation and prayer. One of my favorite Bible verses is 2 Corinthians 12:9, which talks about how God's grace is sufficient for us -- it's all we need. I'll explain why it's my favorite a little bit later, but the thing that jumped out at us was the word 'sufficient'. And since we had already chosen 1 Corinthians 13:13 as the theme for our blog, we decided to combine the two. The message oddly stays the same. His love is enough for us. His love is what keeps us going. And that is one of our goals. To show everyone that God's love is the most powerful thing in the world. I can't even find the words to tell you how joyously excited I am to embark on this journey with my mom and all of you. 
     ~Rebekah


Please, feel free to write to us, either directly below this post or privately to our email (momma.rebekah@gmail.com). When commenting, please keep in mind that God's ultimate commandment is to love one another. Remember, love makes the world go 'round!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beka and Beka's Momma! I love this blog! So beautiful, and a wonderful first post!
    I am loving that you quoted the Message translation; I adore the Message. <3
    "Love extravagantly -- it's the best!" -I am totally going to start saying that!
    I find that as more and more of this living word is revealed to us; we simply find ourselves staring into the endless expanse of God's extravagant love for us, and understanding it deeper and deeper. <3
    Following & sharing! Can't wait to read more!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiiii!!
    I absolutely ADORE this blog! Love it. ;)
    The message is so true- God's love is remarkable and we are still incapable of comprehending all the grace and love He has in store for us.
    I'm following, and I can't wait to read more soon!
    God Bless!

    -Mel [AKA: Abbie :)]

    ReplyDelete